Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sometimes I just want to be the Mommy....

My family spent the day at a cheer competition. I'm lucky enough to have my girls love the same sport (Yes...Cheerleading is a sport) and I am their coach. Although being the coach allows me to spend sooo much time with them, have control over just how disciplined their squad is, and truly know their friends...sometimes I wish I could just be the mommy. As a coach I can't take pictures (but dad is always there camera in hand) and I can't praise my girls as individuals (even when the deserve it...I tend to be much harder on them than the others.) By the time we get to the privacy of our own home...we're all cheered out and I often forget to tell them just what talented girls they are and how very proud I am of both of them.

This is Callie doing the most wonderful job as a main base. She takes so much pride in protecting her flyer...she's also landing a roundoff, backhandspring, layout in our tumbling section. Not bad for a little girl who could barely land a handspring in last years routine.

This is Ali...what a flyer. She really takes advantage of her sisters great base skills. She's amazing too..and is landing roundoff, tucks in our routine on top of being our #1 and most consistent flyer.

Add their skills with many other girls and you get another 1st place trophy....Mommy's proud of you girls.

1 comment:

  1. I luvvv all the pics!! Ali did a great job!! every time she flys she always smiles and stays as tight as she can!! and Callie... holy moly she aint letting ali touch a piece of fuzz on that mat!! well i love both of ur girls, jimmy, tray and Expecialy you!! i am soo glad that i am close to yall now!!!
    i love you all!!

    ReplyDelete