Sunday, April 19, 2009

I have been blessed.

I've been very negative here lately. I'll blame it on the weather and my crazy schedule instead of admitting that I can sometimes be a "wollower". I've made that word up to describe a characteristic in people that really annoys me. I always just want to say "suck it up and go on". So, I've decided that I need to take my own advice and realize what I've been blessed with....
My boys....Trey & Jimmy....although I had to miss the game yesterday to go w/Ali to her Tennis Tourn. the two of them had a blast at the game....and I do realize what a blessing it is that my husband spends what little extra time he has coaching our son's baseball team.My dad, although he is very sick and still has good days and bad, is such a blessing to our family...especially the grand kids!My family, although I don't get "Home" near as much as I should...there's nothing like a trip to that farm to take my entire stress level down at least 5 notches....I know, I know, that in itself should get me there more often.My kids, even though they live in the most "fast paced" world they still enjoy the same things that I did at their age....nothing like driving a car up the mile long dirt road to the farm...this was Ali's 1st time and I must say she did quite well, especially since her sister was having prayer in the backseat for her safety.Callie's been driving that road since she was very young...1st in our laps then on her own...doesn't she look very comfortable:) Of course no one was praying and making a scene as she drove...hahahaMy sister....she's the one person who will ALWAYS tell me the truth....even if it's hard to hear. She's also the one person who will laugh at everything I say...she really does bring out the best in me and she's soooo good with my girls:)
Thank you Lord, for dealing with me gently and reminding me just how "blessed" I am.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks! You are blessed. I don't feel like I'm good with the girls though. I love so much, but I don't know how to talk to them like you do Garran. They're definitely good with me. They make me feel special, just like you always make me feel. You're raising two wonderful daughters. You're a great mother and fabulous sister. Angie

    ReplyDelete