Thursday, December 11, 2008

They want us to help them stay little.

My son Trey recently went to a UK game with his friend Spencer and during the trip visited the mall where they ran into Santa. The boys are both 9 and of course acted like they were appalled that Spencer's parents thought they may want to take a picture with him. Well mommy insisted (I'm so glad she did) and the boys did as they were told (rolling they're eyes I'm sure). As it turned out, long after the picture had been taken, printed, & purchased the boys were still sitting on Santa's knee. Can't you just see the genuine happiness in their faces?

Trey is not only our "baby" but the "baby of the hill. He is the youngest of 5 grandchildren. And although that has its great advantages it also comes with the price of trying to act like your older siblings and cousins. In this day and age its so hard to keep them little and innocent, but they really long for us to put our foot down sometimes. I often see my girls doing things that they truly enjoy, but acting like they're doing it for him cause he's little. I'm so glad Trey got this moment away from his sisters & cousins. I can just see & hear them now...making fun, having sarcastic remarks. Thank God for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment